MicroStation is a top-rated 3D computer-aided visualization and design program for infrastructure work. This includes architecture, construction, operation, and engineering.
Professionals such as GIS professionals, architects, engineers, owner-operators, and constructors design, visualize, model, map, document, and sustainable infrastructure projects. It delivers integrated and proven interactive, intuitive, and interoperable design abilities.
MicroStation program is a leading CAD software for 2D and 3D design and drafting created and sold by Bentley INC, and it is used in engineering and architectural industries. It generates 2D or 3D graphic objects and components and comprises building detail modeling features.
Reasons to learn and use MicroStation
Giant design companies, owner-operators, and contractors worldwide widely use MicroStation. It offers various capabilities such as CAD design and drawing, visualization, 3D modeling, component management, collaboration, and markup. The main uses of MicroStation CAD include the following:
- 2D/3D design: you can use the software to create detailed 2D/3D designs or drawings of structures, infrastructure and buildings. It features tools for making and editing mechanical, architectural, and electrical designs.
- Construction documents: use the program to create detailed building documents like floor plans, sections, details, and elevations.
- Infrastructure and site design: you can use the program to design and plan infrastructure and site projects like bridges, roads, and utility units. It features tools for making and editing topographic maps and digital terrain models.
- GIS: Use MicroStation to create, import, or export GIS information like raster images and shape files.
- Image management: the software offers tools for managing and viewing images like digital pictures, raster images, and scanned drawings. It can also import or export images in different formats.
- BIM: the software can help you create 2D drawings and 3D models for BIM (building information modeling) projects.
- 3D printing: you will use the software to create 3D designs for printing and export the models in any format compatible with your 3D printer.
- Augmented reality and Virtual reality: MicroStation allows you to export 3D designs to augmented reality and virtual reality systems, letting you explore your design in immersive settings.
Should you learn MicroStation?
The market for multi-purpose CAD programs is growing as key players are adopting new strategies. Being the leading service provider, the demand for MicroStation is transcendent. Therefore, it's important to learn about technology for lucrative career opportunities.
Where can you learn MicroStation?
There are numerous ways to learn about this software. Some common options include:
- Online courses and tutorials: platforms and sites like LinkedIn Learning, Bentley Microstation training, and Udemy offer MicroStation training.
- In-person training: many organizations and companies offering MicroStation training provide in-person learning.
- Books: there are many books that offer a step-by-step guide on how to use the software effectively
- Self-paced learning: Bentley System provides self-paced training for MicroStation CAD software. This includes access to a complete set of online training materials and tests.
- Corporate and Group training: most CAD companies and engineering consultants provide training as a service. So, they can offer training off-site or on-site tailored to the needs of a company.
It's critical to note that MicroStation is a complex program. So, becoming a professional might take a lot of time and practice. It's advisable to begin with the basic level as you progress to the advanced levels as per requirements.